Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DAY 9: CAN YOU SAY "LEAN MACHINE"?

Woke up a bit later this morning and even though the patter and the barking were ever-present, the edginess wasn't. I feel good and more alert. L said I look leaner which is happening with minimal workouts. No mention of a glow. Almost halfway through the detox and no glow? What a ripoff!

Had the soy milk with cereal yet again (L was living on the edge with rice milk) ... so the breakfasts are not so jazzy unless I make eggs. Maybe breakfast burritos tomorrow.

Had clients and caravan today with only a handful of almonds. Not at my best when I'm hungry. A bit cranky, you might say, as I was running through a $23M estate in BH. Agents used to serve food. No wonder the market isn't humming! Made it home without incident to make our grilled chicken, arugula and fresh mozzarella sandwiches. Not very flavorful without mustard. I'm a condiment queen! Chips are just a vehicle for the salsa. I like lots of sauce. Mmmmm ... I want something smothered in sauce. LIke enchiladas. Or eggplant parmigiana.

Needed a coffee around 4pm today around the time of our office meeting. Coincidence? And what about those chocolate covered strawberries that escrow sends every Tuesday? Saboteurs.

We had our first friend over for dinner since the detox. She seemed to enjoy the limited menu: almond crusted tilapia, brown rice and steamed asparagus with lemon. I really wanted a glass of wine at the beginning of the night, but the feeling passed. Personally, I was starving after dinner and came to learn that L was too (after H left). We had to have what's become our nightly indulgence, the yogurt banana almond parfait. I've been on the detox long enough that I feel similar guilt as when I eat a pint of Vanilla Swiss Almond! (that's not a misprint, I wrote "pint"). That's just wrong. Doesn't really matter since L is still talking about going to the colonic capital of the world--Santa Monica--and extracting everything I've consumed since I was 12yo! Might as well have Haagen Dazs.

Clearly, I need to add some interesting soups, rice noodles, sweet potatoes and other delectables to the menu. We are getting bored. Time to step it up a notch.

I still miss popcorn. That will be my first order of business on day 22. With a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment